We strive to do and care about what we believe Jesus did and cared about.
1. We value Offering Truth. We care deeply about helping people connect with the reality of God and sharing the message and life of Jesus with those around us.
2. We value Engaging Culture. We care about communicating our faith in relevant ways that connects with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
3. We value Doing Justice. We care about doing good and making a lasting difference in the people, the city and the world around us.
4. We value Experiencing God. We care deeply about encountering the God who is alive and real.
5. We value Sharing Life. This means that we care about finding meaning and purpose in our shared life, and inviting other people into that experience.
Vineyard Amsterdam follows an historic, ancient faith with great spiritual relevance for our lives and world today.
Though Vineyard Amsterdam is a new community of faith, our beliefs and values are not new. Vineyard Amsterdam stands firmly committed to the historic faith of orthodox Christianity. Yet in the Vineyard, our faith is not about a set of creeds that remain in the past; we believe we are called to work out our beliefs in the here and now. We believe not merely in timeless truths but rather in the story of God as He has interacted with the world and humanity over the millennia. All of our beliefs are wrapped up intimately within this story, and it is our desire not merely to believe in the story, but enter into it and allow it to transform our lives and the world around us.
For a more detailed list of our beliefs, what we call a Statement of Faith (available in Dutch or in English), please email Vineyard Amsterdam.